• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Perlick 425 SS faucets (several available)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonW

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
These are used Perlick 425SS faucets. They show normal signs of use, but overall in really great condition.

These are pretty much the holy grail of beer faucets.

Qty: 1 to 2 : $45.00 each
Qty: 3 plus : $40.00 each

Shipping is a flat $10 (UPS w/ tracking) no matter how many purchased.

* NOTES (from previous questions): *
* These have been out of production for years and are not available on any website regardless if you still have a link somewhere that says they have them (they don't - they haven't in years).
* Yes, many people consider these to be superior to the 525 and other like models.

IMG_4125.jpg

Sorry if an ignorant post but these look totally different than my 525s. Are they an older version? Do they still have the same shape and angle as newer 525s if so?

Sorry if an ignorant post but these look totally different than my 525s. Are they an older version? Do they still have the same shape and angle as newer 525s if so?
They were the predecessor to the 525 and by most opinions, they are far superior. Due to a patent licensing issues, Perlick had to discontinue these and then created the 525 as a replacement. The angle is very similar, but the 425 has a removable spout that is threaded in. It makes it nice to remove them for cleaning when your friends dip the tip into their beer while pouring. Additionally, there are threaded adapters to allow for growler and bottle fillers available. These also do not have the dripping or sealing issues that has plagued many 525's.

How many do you have left?
I have several - the pic above wasn't even all of them. Also, it looks like my source may come through with some more. These were removed from service during some remodel jobs.

I have several - the pic above wasn't even all of them. Also, it looks like my source may come through with some more. These were removed from service during some remodel jobs.

Fortunately your source had enough sense to save them rather than sell them for scrap.

Fortunately your source had enough sense to save them rather than sell them for scrap.

No kidding! These things are in great shape, so it would have been a crime to not save them. My second batch of 22 is completely spoken for and will be going to a local restaurant here in HB. :)

As of now, I still have 8 left.

Got my two yesterday. Both were in good condition. Need a little cleaning internally above the spout, but nothing serious.

I was not aware that the slider was made in different materials over the years... the two that I already had had stainless sliders while these two have plastic sliders. I see no reason why this would affect their performance, just an interesting curiosity.

Got my two yesterday. Both were in good condition. Need a little cleaning internally above the spout, but nothing serious.

I was not aware that the slider was made in different materials over the years... the two that I already had had stainless sliders while these two have plastic sliders. I see no reason why this would affect their performance, just an interesting curiosity.

The first ones I purchased years ago also had the SS slider and then additional ones I purchased right around when they were discontinued had the plastic ones. I think the flow is probably better around the plastic one based on how the channels are designed into it. The Perlick website still sells the replacement pieces for both (they're interchangable) - the only piece you can't buy there is the body.

Here's a comparison pic of the two versions.
IMG_4136.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG

Last edited:
Several sold this weekend and I still have a couple left.

Additionally, I'm anticipating receiving another 15 in the next few days. For those on the fence, I don't anticipate any more after this batch.

Edit:
All current ones are now spoken for, but I will have the additional ones soon. You can continue to contact me if you are interested in them.

I ended up being able to rescue 66 of these beauties!

I kept 4 for my jockey boxes (already had 8 for my kegerator), a friend bought 22 for a restaurant and the rest went to local home brewers and HBT users.

Have any left? I would be interested in 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I received 3 of these taps today, they are in great condition and they shipped fast and were packed professionally.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back