Brewing using de-ionized water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenixs4r

Reaction score
So, i totally forgot about the massive de-ionized water filtration system I have at my work, but now that I remember, I'd like to brew with it. Not a lot of info in reference to de-ionized water and brewing. What I've found is that it a little overboard as far as water purification, but I have access to it, and better yet, it's free.

I've done a little bit of research, and I've downloaded the spreadsheet from http://www.ezwatercalculator.com/

Does anyone know a base profile for DI water would be? Or would I have to send it to the lab?

This is probably a dumb question, but I gotta start somewhere....

Thanks for reading.

So, i totally forgot about the massive de-ionized water filtration system I have at my work, but now that I remember, I'd like to brew with it. Not a lot of info in reference to de-ionized water and brewing. What I've found is that it a little overboard as far as water purification, but I have access to it, and better yet, it's free.

I've done a little bit of research, and I've downloaded the spreadsheet from http://www.ezwatercalculator.com/

Does anyone know a base profile for DI water would be? Or would I have to send it to the lab?

This is probably a dumb question, but I gotta start somewhere....

Thanks for reading.

It would have 18.3mohm resistance and 0 for every measurable mineral.

Just treat it as if it's distilled water and use the water primer sticky for instructions on additions.

It worked great

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Home Brew mobile app

I have a resin/salt based water softener at home but ive been told here that it is not good for brewing because it puts a lot of Na (sodium i think) in the water. Maybe i can use it too?

Back