Knockout punch diameter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, what material are you punching through? If keggles, forget about the Harbor Freight set. What you want is a 1/2" conduit punch. I actually got mine at our local Home Depot in the electrical section where they have the volt meter and wire fishing tools. It was something like $23.
tom

I have used the harbor freight punch. I punched about 15 holes in 3 kegs and it still works. Just use oil on the cutter and on the threads of the punch. It got a little distorted on the edge of the cutter after about 3 punches but I used a file to file the edge sharp again and it kept on working. It's not the best punch but it does the job.

I have used the harbor freight punch. I punched about 15 holes in 3 kegs and it still works. Just use oil on the cutter and on the threads of the punch. It got a little distorted on the edge of the cutter after about 3 punches but I used a file to file the edge sharp again and it kept on working. It's not the best punch but it does the job.
I agree. It is a decent tool set for conduit sized knockout holes and at $25 it is a whole lot less expensive than a Greenlee set at over $200.

Huaco,
Please keep in mind that the punches are sized for conduit connectors and are not called out with their actual hole size. I suggest that you measure carefully.

Latest posts

Back