Jugs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerdad

Reaction score
I'm trying to find good sources for jugs for the 10 gallons of cider I'm making. Of course I would prefer amber. I've found a few places that carry 1 gallon jugs but I want some 1/2 gallon too. I got a decent deal on ebay for 4 one gallon amber and a smaller jar for $33.00.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=27

That place is pretty reasonable but they don't carry 1/2 gallon amber and neither do any of the other places I found.

I used 4 gallons of natural style cider and 1 gallon of apple juice to make the cider. The natural style came in plastic amber 1/2 gallon containers that are perfect, but I need some glass 1/2 gallon because I'm going to give some cider as xmas gifts.

Fermentables has 6, 1/2 gal for $16.00 , and 4, 1gal for $18.00. Only problem is they are clear. Shipping may be high as well. This is in little rock ar. 501-758-6261.
tue -sat. I asked about the amber , they have none... thought this could be a last resort. Oh , these are new as well. skip in ar...

Thanks. It seems 1/2 gallon amber jugs are a tough find. Wonder why? Guess I'll have to use some clear. Hopefully it will be so good people will drink it at light speed and it won't make a difference.

Oh i almost forgot... I have to get a case of grolsch style bottles for my brew,16oz are $21.00. They also have 32oz case around $30.00. These are amber and would make a great gift. Star city,Ar. Just try and get the bottle back,lol...have a good one... skip in Ar...

Thanks haven't been able to find them. With shipping they get really pricey. So far it looks like I'll have to stick with the clear they are really cheap at www.specialtybottle.com. I have some time before I need them I'm hoping some will be on ebay.

OK I just realized a growler is the same or very similar to a jug. Found some nice ones but they are pricey. This one says temporarily unavailable and it's expensive but what a beauty!!!

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=5253

Latest posts

Back