New member from Eastern West Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been lurking for several weeks and have been impressed with the good nature of the members here. Also , there appears to be many members from the UK and Down Under whose experiences I find quite interesting. I enjoy many European and UK brews. I have a total of about 15 months HB experience.

Goals:
1) to make more of what I consume.
2) to make clones of some of my favorite commercial beer, ciders and wine.
3) to experiment and make my own distinctive brews.

Here is a list of my projects for my 15 month career:
Drinking: white zinfandel
raspberry merlot
apple cider
cherry cider
In secondary: apple cider
cherry cider
In primary: brown ale ( pitched yeast at 2:45 PM yesterday and was chugging away when I got in at midnight)

On deck: mead
porter
Gone but not forgotten: red ale

My LHBS is the Flying Barrel in Frederick, MD. They have facilities to brew at their place. They have about 6 big copper brew pots and IIRC a lager room.

yours,
Two Hawks

Welcome aboard. Harper's Ferry is a cool place. I'm not much of a history buff, but I thought that place was very interesting.

My sister & brother in law moved from DC to Paw Paw, WV. Had I not seen it myself, I never would have believed the name. But at least they hear the best WV jokes.;)

Back