Stupid fu**in world.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... Now you can see why the duty should not be placed on biodiesel. How are you going to get that industry started if the raw material costs the same as the competitions final product!

I don't know what to say. Sounds like a crock of **** to me, but I'll bet the cooking oil industry probably has the same ridiculous excuses as the regular oil industry regarding their high prices.

I was shocked when I saw that corn oil was 4x the price canola oil at Costco last week. I knew ethanol has messed up the corn market, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

The Brits... they hate the French.;)

To be fair, we only hate people that hate us. But since we screwed over most of the world in quite a nasty way at one time or another, that's quite a lot of people that hate us that we, in return, must hate back. I think most Brits have given up on it all....it's just too confusing to bother hating other nationalities any more. However, if you ever want to make 60 million people happy, the best way would be to get a huge laser and write "F#ck off Germany" on the moon. ;)

To be fair, we only hate people that hate us. But since we screwed over most of the world in quite a nasty way at one time or another, that's quite a lot of people that hate us that we, in return, must hate back. I think most Brits have given up on it all....it's just too confusing to bother hating other nationalities any more. However, if you ever want to make 60 million people happy, the best way would be to get a huge laser and write "F#ck off Germany" on the moon. ;)

Don't feel too slighted...the French hate everyone.

OhioBrit said:
Maret forces and all that.

To be fair, petrol is highly regulated in both the US and the UK... It's more likely that the government guys with guns are meddling with the price than the market.

Oil is scarce, prices are high, consumers are eco-minded. If it was up to the market, we'd be driving solar/hydrogen/air/electric vehicles because it would simply be the more cost effective thing based on customer demand. When things don't make sense, look for government interference.

The free market is an AMAZING delivery system for what people want and need and nobody's feeling particularly satisfied at the moment.

orfy said:
Cooking Oil is now the same price as petrol here!

WTF is that all about.

Be glad your vehicle doesn't run on bottled water or NyQuil. :D

It's just the moon....nobody lives there, trust me!. ;)

See, now you could do that with the French, turn around and walk away laughing. But if you did that with the Germans, you'd still turn around and walk away laughing, but you'd check behind you every now and then.;)

Orfy, time to start raiding the grease traps of the fish and chip places. Sure, you'll be photographed 63529 times doing it, but try it anyways!

I was shocked when I saw that corn oil was 4x the price canola oil at Costco last week. I knew ethanol has messed up the corn market, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

Lookout, they are using rape seed/canola for making biodiesel.

Careful, you're starting to hit close to home.:D

oops! I see that Mr. Wort is back!

Disclaimer: All sentiments outlined in any of my previous posts represent the views of a randomly selected portion of the general British public. In no way, shape, or form do they indicate the views of the member of this forum known as "OhioBrit" or any of his subsequent name changes that he may assume in order to escape physical harm.

I hope that covers everything.:rockin:

Yah, the eco down in Corvallis that has been pushing me to use biodiesel in my van told me last month that the price is higher than dino. Used to be cheaper. To underline the hopelessness of burning food for fuel: If all of the animal fat and vegetable oil produced in the USA was converted to biodiesel, it would last until the 22nd of January.

Corn oil prices are nuts. We used to use corn oil exclusively at work (we manufacture stuff like tortilla chips, corn chips, etc.), but corn oil prices forced us to make a move to sunflower oil on most products.

She loved it so much she wore this outfit that evening.

post-16-1208181150.jpg

:D

Acutally, Texas and Bavaria have a lot in common.

Ed's got thick skin then. ;)

I'm hoping that is the case. In fact I'm banking on it! I get the impression that we are doomed to disagree on probably every topic in the druck section.....And I have a hard time keeping my stupid trap shut so.........

I'm hoping he's just a big ol' fluffycat really! :D

Ain't that right Ed? Big 'ol banter lovin' fluffycat? Jeez, I HOPE so!! :D

Back