Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic219115_md.jpg

Oh man... I got this for one of my birthdays. Sooo stoked

30svjfs-450x337.jpg

Extreme Battledome was when you take down the mesh dome. Then there are ballistic marbles to worry about :D

I have been dying to figure out the name of a zip-line toy I had when I was a kid.

It was probably made in the late 80's/early 90's.
It resembled a submarine but with two pulley wheels on the top. A long kite string ran through the pulley wheels and attached at each end was a handle. You would tie one handle to a doorknob or have a friend hold it. When you lowered your arm, the toy would zip line towards you and opposite when your arm was raised.

If I recall it also had a black plastic "J" hook on the bottom and the toy came with a hollow sphere that you could use to try to pick up off the ground. I believe it was, as were a lot of toys back then, brightly colored. I think one side of the toy was a bright pink and the other a bright neon green/yellow. I even remember being with my mom when she bought the toy at a Roses store. One person I recently asked argued that that couldn't be as the toy was one of those "as seen on "tv" toys. I don't think it was.

Anyone have an idea or remember this toy?

Dude, you're killing me with this... I've been pestering google for the last half an hour and still can't find ANYTHING! Please, someone end the madness

Of course, my brother and I souped up the catapults so that they fired the things at a thousand miles per hour.

6660.jpg

Wow, I don't recall that Matt Mason stuff at all.

Ok, I'm sure we all had the Six Million Dollar Man, and even had the rocket, but how many of you had the Oscar Goldman figure, with exploding briefcase? It was awesome.

oscargoldman_001.jpg

I collected miniature orange figures in the 80's. They came in a plastic miniature garbage can. They were called M.U.S.C.L.E. Anyone remember them? Looking back, they were so lame as their arms or legs did not move.

I loved the show MASK too and collected the figures. It was a copy cat of the GI Joe series. I had the green motorcycle that turned into a chopper.

Speaking of GI Joe, I remember collecting the proof of purchases from the packages to send in for GI Figures that weren't sold in stores. I had The "Fridge" Perry and Sgt. Slaughter.

And who could forget Garbage Pail Kids?

Rugrad02 said:
I collected miniature orange figures in the 80's. They came in a plastic miniature garbage can. They were called M.U.S.C.L.E. Anyone remember them? Looking back, they were so lame as their arms or legs did not move.

I loved the show MASK too and collected the figures. It was a copy cat of the GI Joe series. I had the green motorcycle that turned into a chopper.

Speaking of GI Joe, I remember collecting the proof of purchases from the packages to send in for GI Figures that weren't sold in stores. I had The "Fridge" Perry and Sgt. Slaughter.

And who could forget Garbage Pail Kids?

I collected those orange guys too! Totally forgot about them

I'd rather get a hundred thousand paper cuts on my face
Than spend one more minute with you.

image-2255921517.jpg

Before "bullying", bicycle helmets and the general pussifacation of today's youth, there were these gems.

1IRJ.jpg

I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated so-da.
S O deeay so-ho-da!

Wisconsin people will remember the Two Fisted Slopper.

(For the rest, at the old Milwaukee Brewers stadium, they had the amber screen scoreboard where they could display all sorts of animation. [It's featured in Major League.] Anyway, one of the animations was a cartoon drunk guy staggering around with a beer in each hand and they'd tell us "Don't be the two-fisted slobber!")

We're all doing the Super Bowl Shuffle!

Shivakamini Somakandakrahm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back