quiet burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
so o am currently using 250k btu burners from old drywall heaters that are used on job sites to warm house in the winter.

they are really loud and when i have both on it sounds like a jet is taking off from my front porch.

i am exploring the option of new burners. i figure i dont really need the 250kbtu, so i can downsize a little i am just looking for the quietest burner with the highest btu.

ideas?

you can see the burner in this picture
Apr30_0001.jpg

i was thinking about the banjo burners or the jet burners. are they loud?

WHAT? Hold on when the boil starts I will turn it down a bit

Sorry couldn't help myself. I hear ya on loud not sure any burner is exactly quiet but I bet some are better than others. I have only used one style to nothing to compare it to.

I bought the SQ-14 and it is loud when it's full blast, but I never have it full blast. I can bring 12 gallons to a boil quickly with it barely on, it seems like!

I hear the banjo style burners are much quieter than the smaller jet burners. Plus it would seen that the flame is more evenly spread and less likely to lick up the sides.

IMG_0373.jpg

I just got mine rough mounted last night, and of course I had to fire it up. Its really quiet, i kept turning it up thinking it wasn't working right because it didn't sound like a small jet was taking off. Of course when i waved my hand about 2 feet above it I knew for sure it was working just fine.

thanks for the post. i'll definately look into those burners. once i get some money free. i am closing on my first house today, so it might be a while before any more money is spent on brewing

IMG_0373.jpg

I just got mine rough mounted last night, and of course I had to fire it up. Its really quiet, i kept turning it up thinking it wasn't working right because it didn't sound like a small jet was taking off. Of course when i waved my hand about 2 feet above it I knew for sure it was working just fine.

What is your stand made out of... it almost looks like those metal 2x4 studs.

Back