Rahr 2-row 50 lb vs 25 kg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cease

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hoping someone can clarify something for me. I was shopping for bulk grains and founds Rahr 2-row for $39.99 at my local Whole Foods. They had a BSG branded 50 lb bag and a non BSG 25 kg (55 lb) bag. Both labeled American 2-row both the same price. Well I grabbed the 25 Kg bag and felt like I made out with 5 extra lbs of grain.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between these two products? Why are the bag sizes different?

Thanks in advance and happy 4th.

My Whole Foods also sells supplies - best prices around, too. I still do as much as possible with the LHBS, but Whole Foods is a bit cheaper and super convenient given the store hours.

Rahr is likely packaging the 25kg sacks for export markets that expect that size. Wholefoods is probably just making an error in not differentiating the two SKUs because the cost is definitely different between the two.

Latest posts

Back