Anyone seen one of these? Sanbri Floor Corker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael88n

Master Napper
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My Poppop made wine back in the 70s and 80s. He made his last batch of wine back in 1988. A few years ago he gave me a couple of carboys, some Meta-K, random vinters stuff, and this awesome corker.
I've never used another corker, and this one is heavy as h#ll and feels like it'll last long enough for my grandkids.
Anyone seen one like this before? The brand is Sanbri, apparantly it's made in France. I can't find another one on the internets.

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG

Hello there

Just registered today.
I not only seen one of these corkers but I have one.

It has been in the basement of my house in France for a number of years.

Yes, I have a similar device. It differs in that when the lever is pulled an iris like thing squeezes the cork down to a small diameter such that it is easily poked into the bottle by the rod attached to the handle. I think I got it at my LHBS. If you cork a lot of bottles, beer or wine, this is a 'must have'.

I have a Sanbri Floor Corker if you are interested in buying one stateside for a lot less shipping costs!

Back