• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Spare pin lock posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimpanogosSlim

Reaction score
I have 9 pin lock kegs so i am pretty much going to go with pin locks.

Today i noticed that at least one of them is missing a pin from a post, so now i am thinking it would be a good idea to have a couple sets of extra posts.

I know i can buy these from cornykeg.com but i figured that since so many people convert them to ball locks, there has to be someone out there with pin lock posts rolling around in a box?

I have 2 sets of posts. One Cornelius and one Firestone set. I'd let them go for $20 shipped. I won't be back home till Sunday so wouldn't be able to ship till Monday at the earliest. Let me know. I can post pics Sunday if you want too.

Josh

Would you be willing to trade ball lock for pin lock? I have a few kegs I have not converted yet. I believe they are all firestone.

I have 2 sets of posts. One Cornelius and one Firestone set. I'd let them go for $20 shipped. I won't be back home till Sunday so wouldn't be able to ship till Monday at the earliest. Let me know. I can post pics Sunday if you want too.

Seriously considering this. cornykeg.com sells used pin lock posts for $3ish each, but their website only shows firestone posts. And the one that i have missing a pin on the gas side is cornelius.

Would you be willing to trade ball lock for pin lock? I have a few kegs I have not converted yet. I believe they are all firestone.

kegs or posts?

I have to admit that i have two ball lock kegs with questionable plastic lids, so i am considering placing an order w/ cornykeg.com for lids anyway, so that i can get the ball locks up to snuff and then sell them - hopefully for enough money to buy three or four more pin locks some day when they come along again.

oh, well, i don't have any ball lock posts around, except those as I'm using.

Conversion kits are about $12 - http://www.cornykeg.com/index.asp?category=29144

plus shipping, of course. they also sell a universal lid w/ manual pressure relief valve for $13.

For me i decided that converting 9 kegs was cost prohibitive for no real gain. I can release pressure through the gas post on a pin lock just fine. I just cut the gas dip tube down to about a half inch long to avoid beer fountains.

I'd like to state for the record that i am well stocked on poppets and o-rings. for my own personal use. you buy 11 kegs, you buy consumables in bulk . . . .

Does that include the popets springs and o-rings? If so, I'll take them

Yes that includes poppets and o rings. They are Cornelius posts which will fit any cornelius keg, which is different than firestone so just be sure what you have.

JRems said:
Yes that includes poppets and o rings. They are Cornelius posts which will fit any cornelius keg, which is different than firestone so just be sure what you have.

Pm sent

Here are pics of the posts I have. Let me know of you're interested. I converted 2 pin locks to trade and these are what came off. The kegs held pressure before I converted them. The poppets are included as well.

Thanks! So far i haven't had any trouble with that one-pin-having gas post but i am wary of hooking it up to gas 24/7.

I think instead I'll use it on a line cleaning rig w/ a garden sprayer pump system.

I've got two Firestone kegs w/ pin locks I got by accident. I'd trade the posts with poppets for ball locks or a few $ (or ?) if I get the ball lock conversion posts.

I have two sets of Firestone pin lock posts I would be wiling to sell. They are off of 10 gallon Firestone challenger kegs that I converted to ball lock. Threads are 9/16"-18 (gas) and 5/8"-18 (liquid)

Back