fermentation temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmoo1302

Reaction score
I am brewing a cali common using WLP810, recipe calls for 65-68 deg after fermentation begins . I live in san diego( GO CHARGERS!) daytime temps have been in the 90's nite temps in the low 60's ,and my f/c is ice cooled( cheaper than SDG&E rates on my a/c), and at nite it gets down to 60-63 deg., daytime keeps at 65-69 deg. Should I be concerned?

Ive brewed beers that ALWAYS stayed at five degrees over the recommended temp and they came out fine. I think your beer will be fine.

White labs gives the temps of 58-65f, I would keep it low as possible. I have a batch of it going right now at 60f.

I've used this yeast a lot for my common, the closer you can get it to 58-60 range the better.But on the same note, Ive brewed with it at 68, and the beer turns out good, but it's not as good as when you can keep it at a low temp.

Let go Padres...2010!

Latest posts

Back