mead in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungry4hops

Hop to it!
Reaction score
just as the title states i was wondering if mead can be added to beer i was thinking of doing a stout and adding some grape mead to it either at secondary or at bottling. The part im not sure about is would it have to be a dry mead, since i will be bottle conditioning? has anyone ever mixed beer and mead?

thanks in advance guys! love this site! Neal

Research braggot. I have only had it once and found it cloying. I am sure some people here can help but you could try the Mead forum as well. Can't be much help other than it can be done. Also, I do not know how well a pyment and stout would work together but it could be insteresting.

if i use camden or sulfate in the mead, and add a small amount of mead to the beer, will i still be able to bottle condition?

Sure it can!

I would add it at secondary to ensure that your beer yeasts aren't going to go crazy on residual sugars in the mead and overcarb your bottles. Then just bottle like normal.

I think you'd be fine with the campden, too. Conditioning might just take longer.

thanks thats all i needed to know! ill post back later and let you know how it turns out!

Back