Brewery question in VT/CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight03

Reaction score
I was in VT/CT a couple of years ago and had some Octoberfest from a local brewery. The locals loved it and said when you find it drink it. Does anyone happen to know what brewery it was. At the same time they carried Sam Adams also. Thanks for the help.

That's not too much information to go by. There are several great local Oktoberfests. And saying that the store carried Sam Adams is like saying the store carried Miller Lite - everyone has Sam Adams.

Two that come to mind are Hooker Oktoberfest, from CT, and Berkshire Oktoberfest, from Western MA. The Berkshire is hard to find and always moves quickly, so it could be that one. But then again there are probably dozens of small brewers in New England. Good luck.

What part of VT and CT? Was the beer available in both CT & VT?

Harpoon makes an Octoberfest, with breweries in Boston and Windsor, VT.

It was available in both. I was working in Veron VT and staying just inside CT. Is there a brewery that is just 3 letters by chance? I do know that 2 or 3 tall boys and I was done. They were taste and look forwrd to trying to produce something along that line. I cold drink October fest year round if it was upto me.

I went to Berkshires web site. BBC. That was it. MMM..Steel rail was good to. Thanks for the help guys. Now to find a recipe.

Yeah the BBC O-fest is 6.8%, too. Once again this year I didn't get my hands on it. I don't know that I've even had it yet...

Eh, Vermont breweries suck (OK, harsh personal opinion), except for Rock Art, who are really cool mostly because they took on Monster and won.

Yeah, BBC makes some good stuff. They are out of Western Mass. They generally make good classic (and some seasonal) styles. Last I knew, they hadn't gotten caught in the "Bigger, Hoppier, More" nuclear arms race of beer.

Back