Has anyone used these caps before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougdecinces

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Crown-Bottle-Craft-Scrapbooking-Jewelry/dp/B002AU7542/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_3

The description says they are for scrapbooking, but the comments left by buyers indicated that it does have a rubber gasket, so in theory it should work for bottling. I'm making the beer for my wedding and wanted an easy way to indicate which beer was which for my guests since the bottles would be buried in ice. I'd prefer this seller instead of Austin Homebrew because I really only need three colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure about those caps...but I go to the local office supply (staples)..and buy those lil round sticky dots, and stick them on my caps, and mark them with a letter to indicate wich beer is wich, I think there a 1000 for about 7 bucks...if your puter savy enough ,you might be able to print on them w a printer.

not sure about those caps...but I go to the local office supply (staples)..and buy those lil round sticky dots, and stick them on my caps, and mark them with a letter to indicate wich beer is wich, I think there a 1000 for about 7 bucks...if your puter savy enough ,you might be able to print on them w a printer.

I thought about the labels, too. But since I'm trying to impress my guests I thought I'd try to be as snazzy as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Crown-Bottle-Craft-Scrapbooking-Jewelry/dp/B002AU7542/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_3

The description says they are for scrapbooking, but the comments left by buyers indicated that it does have a rubber gasket, so in theory it should work for bottling. I'm making the beer for my wedding and wanted an easy way to indicate which beer was which for my guests since the bottles would be buried in ice. I'd prefer this seller instead of Austin Homebrew because I really only need three colors.

I used some black caps off Amazon for a batch - not sure if they were the same seller or not. They did say they were primarily for scrapbooking but could be used for homebrewing. They did have a proper gasket and went on the bottles just fine.

That batch did go south after about a month in the bottle - my best guess is that it was an oxidation issue. There's no reason to believe it was from the caps as opposed to the bottling process, but I'm not in a hurry to buy more.

Last edited by a moderator:
dougdecinces said:
I thought about the labels, too. But since I'm trying to impress my guests I thought I'd try to be as snazzy as possible.

If you want to get real snazzy, you could create a few different custom caps. I haven't ordered from them yet but I've heard good things about bottlemark.com.

Back