This is just great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some mighty tasty looking beers. How is that ipa? I just bottled what was my third ever batch. A Northern Brewer Imperial Stout kit that was aging in a secondary better bottle for about 4 months. I tried some at bottling and it was delish.

I have been busy trying to build up a pipeline. My pipeline has 4 batch carbing up including my first batch- an AHS Wezinbock- that will probably need to sit for a few more months before I open any more. I have three batches that need to be bottled, one that is almost done fermenting, and a batch of Ed's Hause Pale Ale that I just pitched yesterday.

I was thinking about getting into all grain and paying my local Ace a visit tomorrow to buy mash tun stuff. I also want to make a kegerator/keezer that can hold 3 cornies or so but I am not all that handy and I don't really know where to start. All in good time, I guess. Beer is supposed to be fun.

I did 3 or four extract brews and I thought to myself I'm making beer from syrup. For me that's not OK so I went all grain and I enjoy it much more.

You're making beer from syrup with all grain too, it's just a more
dilute syrup.

Ray

wow...what an ignorant statement.

Not to pile one but yeah... seriously? Kits are wonderful in the sense that not only do they teach you the basics but they also give you ideas on how to experiment with your grains/extracts....That's like saying I hate cookbooks...

I've done all-grain, I've done the kits and I've done extract. They all have their own pluses and minuses, and they all taste like beer.

Here's my session ale:
500 g Crystal 80, steeped 20 minutes
1.33 kg pale LME
0.75 oz East Kent Goldings 60 min
0.50 oz EKG 10 min

It's about the taste and the lack of time I have around here. Also, I can drink a metric s**t-load in the evening and still go for a twelve hour shift the next day.

Thanks for posting pics, Ernie. Those look like something I should decant from my carboy.

Great job! I see you were sampling the one on the left, foam is still running down the side. I too am new to this beer making (3 yrs.) and have done a little each time, just to try it. I always kee p an extract ( now 15 min. cascade pale ale & panic button hefeweizen) brew going just cause its easy and taste great. Time & space are my problems, but I still enjoy it.Palmers web site and recipes from the kind members here are topnotch. Enjoy ....CHEERS;)

Back