Darn DIY projects!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
So, we just ordered all the materials to convert our back porch (300 sq ft) into a sun room kinda thing. Glass doors all round, bamboo floor etc. I'm not really looking forward to doing the work, but I AM looking forward to sitting in it. Also, we just bought a small antique desk that I have to restore so that I can do my work from home at it in the new sun room. I'm not looking to restoring that either, but I AM looking forward to using it.

Anyways, we went garage saling today, and funnily enough we hit two in a row that had kegerators for sale. Neither were much good for the price, but I had thought of buying one just to put in the fruit cellar away from view as it was kinda tatty........THEN.....My wife......The one who is not over keen on my hobby. (I brew when she is at work just so she doesn't have to see me doing it)............She says "Why not build a bar?"

WTF!!!?? The voice in my head jumped in immediately. "Play this one calmly, you don't want to blow it, Trev" (I don't call myself Gnome in my own head) So I tell her that I suppose I could dedicate a corner to it, hide it inside some cabinets so you hardly know it's a bar. "No" she says. "I meant one with a sink and stuff, that you can walk behind. I want to be able to use that pub stuff they gave me when we were in England"

Wooohooo! So when I get the sunroom done, I get to put a bar in it!! :D

It has obviously not occurred to her yet that I will actually doing my day job within staggering distance of easy beer access, but I'm hoping it gets finished before she realises! :D

Hmm, mayhap her nefarious plan is to get the build done quickly through the use of the bar-type-carrot and then nix the bar build while laughing maniacally.

Darn!!! I hadn't thought of that! :(............You, sir, think like a woman! ;)

I have to admit, her plan is working. I haven't stopped refining my plans for the entire project all day.

Back