Warmer Weather Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMeans

Reaction score
Where I am living right now in Arizona temperatures are starting to climb up into the 80s on some days. Before I moved here this was the time of year I would start planning for my "spring beers". Needless to say that spring in completely different here than in Kentucky. None the less its time to pose a question to the HBT community as I am sure many of you are also gearing up for beers that can be enjoyed after the spring thaw. What are your favorite warm weather brews?

I am going with a classic american wheat, APA, and a good amber.

So what are your favorites to drink during spring?

I'm planning on brewing:

a Sam Adams clone of their Cherry Wheat (for my wife, I don't like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat),

A Green Chile Beer (going to be interesting)

Saison! You can get a lot of flavor out of a modest gravity beer thanks to yeast strains that love warm temperatures.

My personal brew list for the upcoming few weeks includes a Kolsch (currently doing its lager thing), a low OG saison, Hefeweizen, a Helles, and BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde.

A couple of variations on hefeweizens last year. This year, I've already started to drink the kolsch, and I'm going planning on brewing a patersbier, a saison, and 1 or 2 hefeweizens.

Yeah, our Spring was on Monday. The rest of the country gets a much longer Spring...
We get one day.
My warm weather brews are Kolsch, blondes, ambers, reds, browns, and APAs.

My "wildflower wheat" from Extreme Brewing has been in the primary for 2 weeks and I tried a sample last night after checking my gravity...I gotta say this is going to be a GREAT beer to sip on a warm day!

I have an APA in the fermenter, and will be working up a cream ale next except I may divert from using a clean profile yeast for the cream ale and use a Heffe yeast to get some good yeast character in there. Either way, they're both going to be very good beers to start the summer transition. I usually do a couple wheat or wit beers in the summer to appease the masses as they're usually a hit.

I'm here in Las Vegas so I'm already brewing warm weather beers. Here is my current schedule.
#1 Czech Pilsner - lagering
#2 Dunkleweizen - brew in 2 weeks
#3 Ballantines XXX clone

I have decided tyo do an amber ale today, I think next in line will be a hefe followed by a blonde. I may end up throwing an irish red in the mix soon.

Going to try out AHS's Crisp Rye PA next. Welcome to Arizona... we only have 2 seasons, Fall and a LOT of summer!

oh no what am I going to do without winter?! I may just be forced to enjoy warm weather all year!! Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. Now to try and brew in this wind.

Back