It's time to burn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam's Apples

Reaction score
I have been brewing all grain for the last 4 batches or so. Apart from purchasing a Coleman Xtreme as my mash tun, my equipment hasn't changed.

Right now, my boils are done in a plastic bucket with an electric element fitted. The boils are too slow for my liking and I have been deciding whether to fit another element inside the bucket to boost the boil, or whether to buy a big stock pot and gas burner - like the turkey fryer set-up in USA.

I have decided that I would like to buy a burner, not least because I'm not sure that I trust my DIY skills when dealing with electric and water.

What do you reckon is the better of the two I've found below:

http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/CF21_Centre_Fire_Gas_Cooker_Burner_LPG.html

http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/R8_Duoflam_Gas_Cooker_Burner_LPG.html

Cheers

Man those are expensive. Have you looked into having a turkey fryer shipped to you? I'm assuming they aren't available in your country.

Man those are expensive. Have you looked into having a turkey fryer shipped to you? I'm assuming they aren't available in your country.

That's the first thing I looked at. It seems they don't even exist in the UK. Price would be similar after p&p.

I'm thinking, with christmas on the way, I may be abble to sneak one of these into my stocking..! They are both pretty powerful, but differently designed and this is my first look at burners.

Cheers.

Those both look beastly...
I've heard the burner with the individual nozzles don't adjust as well as the casted burners that have air shutters. Lots of people here use them though with no problems.

The first burner looks like a part of a jet engine. 100k btu's is reallllly big also.

I'd vote for the second burner listed.

Back