Need to find Corny keg gas dip tube. free shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madewithchicken

Reaction score
I just got a keg from a guy that was missing the gas (or "in") little dip tube.

Now I have had no issues finding it. I just do not want to pay $5 shipping on a $3.50 part.

My LHBS does not have them.

Any ideas? Does anyone have free shipping on items this small?

You can make these with steel tubing and a flaring tool. I imagine the tool might cost as much the shipping.

A good auto parts place might be able to make you one too. It would need to be a place that cut rotors and drums, tests starters and alternators.

I'd ask my LHBS to place an order for one. They order so much stuff that it shouldn't be a big deal. Buy some supplies and offer to pay for it before they order so they know they won't get stuck with it.

I have never seen anyone offer free shipping lest your were spending $50 or more.

The gas dip tube isn't usually necessary actually, I have a few that will work without it and a couple that have to have it or the poppet drops loose, I have found a work around by using some small washers, carefully placed, to hold the poppet secure after the post is on.

I'd ask my LHBS to place an order for one. They order so much stuff that it shouldn't be a big deal. Buy some supplies and offer to pay for it before they order so they know they won't get stuck with it.

I may try that tonight.

The gas dip tube isn't usually necessary actually, I have a few that will work without it and a couple that have to have it or the poppet drops loose, I have found a work around by using some small washers, carefully placed, to hold the poppet secure after the post is on.

I have thought of this. I even have some poppets that are have longer legs and may let it work without too much effort.

Latest posts

Back