Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I am not the biggest fan of Grindcore but there are some stuff I really do enjoy. Retch being one of them.

Check this out headbanger, a side project of Agalloch. Didn't dig most of it, but this song is really really good.

Has a long intro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, more post-rock-ish like Les Discrets but over all not bad.

Really like that Sykdom song too, I remember several years ago being enthralled by an album they released called Mjollnir which is still one of my favorite BM albums to this day.

AYAT!!! such a heavy band from Lebanon to! They are some pist off middle eastern metal heads that know how to squeal like a pig! hahahaha.

These guys must really have some seriously hefty cahones (that or a death wish) to promote anti-religious music considering where they are from. As far as I know they haven't been arrested or executed yet but then again it's been a few years since their last release. Good stuff regardless that really captures an obscure and arcane atmosphere in a most unexpected and welcomed fashion.

That's "squeal like a camel" in this case btw. :D

Somewhere on the Valfar En Windir compilation set I think, I'll see if I can track it down.

OK, as it turns out this is actually E-Head covering a Windir tune and it's more trance/techno. But anyway, this is the song I was thinking of earlier...

And since we're talking Windir covers now...

OK, as it turns out this is actually E-Head covering a Windir tune and it's more trance/techno. But anyway, this is the song I was thinking of earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFRRYHUgi0

Pretty cool I likes, but yeah it is not the mario bros crap like the other guy. I have found that a lot of metal heads are actually really into electronic music, and classical. Including myself.

Fintroll has never really done it for me, even though they are covering Windir they over paganize!

But Weh has done a very good job.

GodsStepBrother said:
Pretty cool I likes, but yeah it is not the mario bros crap like the other guy. I have found that a lot of metal heads are actually really into electronic music, and classical. Including myself.

There's also a little techno-ish interlude on Journey To The End if o remember correctly. I'm out right now or I'd post up the pootube link.

The synth is very well interwoven with the music here. I likes a lot, especially the monotony of the drums.

Thanks a lot already downloaded the album

Check out another great song with some great electronic music around 2:00 minute mark.

Hey GSB, check out the new Sigh record In Somniphobia... You are going to love it!!!

Sorry I have been a bit busy with a new job opportunity.

Man I love sigh, I have scorn defeat by them. This is very different though, I likes it! Confusing but in a good way, thanks for the heads up I am getting the album as we speak. Almost like when Abigor dropped this master piece.

Listening to classic Helloween right now, I'm alive.

Awesome stuff! I was just listening to Keeper Of The Seven Keys over the weekend so we may have been in tune on that one, pulled out some old vinyls for brew day. Their latest record was pretty good too I thought.

PS - Digging on the Abigor GSB!

:mug:

Aura Noir is pretty good thrash I likes never heard of them before.

You play any instruments headbanger?

Yeah I used to play a lot of guitar, but dropped it for about 3 years. Picked it up a month ago and cannot stop again.

Funny the things you remember after not playing for so long.

Can I recommend (for starters)

Devin Townsend
Clutch
Mastodon

Yes, you may. :mug:

Always liked Clutch, especially the early stuff. Townsend is a genius, I love most of his work including the AYM stuff but his solo projects usually blow my mind. Mastadon's a bit overrated IMO but still a solid prog(ish) band if they can keep it real and get off the mtv fanboy train... Why on earth they decided to cover that crappy zztop song I'll never understand.

Saying Devin Townsend is a genius is most probably a severe understatement. Not so keen on the Ziltoid but Synchestra and Ki are amazeballs.
I've just got Synchestra on vinyl and waiting for my first cider brew to be fully drinkable to open the virginal record sleeve and then enjoy together.

Music really is a super sweet way to relax.

Listening to Delain's new album, We Are the Others. So far, not too bad. A little different from the previous two albums. Heavier.

Back