Leaking ball lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelmick

Reaction score

I own 4 ball lock beer locks ( if that is what they are called). 2 of them work as they are suppose too, the other 2 leak from the ring no matter what keg they are placed on. The kegs all have new gaskets and work with the other ball locks. Please help I have already wasted half a keg trying to fix this problem.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks just ordered 2 more and some keg lub, I guess the the new question is am I doing something wrong, it is hard to believe 50% of the disconnects out there would be flawed.

It looked good to me. Did the round part at the bottom of the disconnect snap down around the post? I had a poppet that didn't fit right once and the disconnect didn't clip in correctly. The only other thing I thought of was that maybe the little black piece inside the disconnect was stuck. I was hoping someone else with more experience would reply.

From the sound when the QD was engaged, plus the way the beer leaked out between the locking ring and the main body of the QD, I bet there's a crack in the QD body, probably hidden by the locking ring...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back