Nothing to see here #8000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Good thing I don't drink as much as I post. I'd like to say this forum has probably kept me sane during a long, over-budget, over-schedule startup! But, almost there.

Sorry I don't have a Brew Babe of my own to post. All of the ones I know are married to other people. And it's too early in the season for hop farm pictures.

[Edited for greyhound pictures]

Cougar

2113-CougarPosed343.JPG

Katiebell

2113-katie_head.JPG

Congratulations, David! I'll see you in the 8,000 club shortly! You're a great, great resource to the community, and I for one sincerely value all of the knowledge that you share with us. THANK YOU!

Those are beautiful dogs, David!

My aunt adopts greyhounds, as well. One of them in particular was real skittish and used to run away. I remember my mother telling me that we had to go try and catch it, I turned to her and said "how the hell are we going to do THAT?"

Hey, *I* thought it was funny!

Congrats David! Nice doggies! That first one looks like the one soaking in the tub in your avatar.

I hadn't noticed that before, but you're right. Cougar has much larger eyes than most greys and his nose doesn't taper in the way Katie's does.

Man, I miss my greyhound. She rocked
Seriously though, 8k posts? When was the last time you saw the outside?

Congrats, David...you never met a thread you didn't like, right? Thanks for all the help!

the_bird said:
Those are beautiful dogs, David!

My aunt adopts greyhounds, as well. One of them in particular was real skittish and used to run away. I remember my mother telling me that we had to go try and catch it, I turned to her and said "how the hell are we going to do THAT?"

Hey, *I* thought it was funny!

Bird, I have a german shorthaired pointer that is fast as all hell. Probably not as fast as a greyhound, but damned fast nonetheless. He's gotten away from us 3 or 4 times. The only way to catch is squirrelly ass is if he runs into a fenced-in yard. Last time, I tried chasing him down the street. I'm in great shape, but I don't think I ever ran that hard before. He ran into a fenced in yard, and once I had ahold of his collar, I collapsed on the lawn of some stranger. Once I got back to the house, I sat in front of the toilet for an hour. I never actually vomited, but it sure felt like I would.

Evan! said:
Bird, I have a german shorthaired pointer that is fast as all hell. Probably not as fast as a greyhound, but damned fast nonetheless. He's gotten away from us 3 or 4 times. The only way to catch is squirrelly ass is if he runs into a fenced-in yard. Last time, I tried chasing him down the street. I'm in great shape, but I don't think I ever ran that hard before. He ran into a fenced in yard, and once I had ahold of his collar, I collapsed on the lawn of some stranger. Once I got back to the house, I sat in front of the toilet for an hour. I never actually vomited, but it sure felt like I would.

My beast, a yellow lab/pit bull mix, is about a hundred pounds of pure muscle. He's also fast as hell. I had him up at my friend's farm, she's got three pretty good-sized dogs as well. Well, Troy came running, full-bore, LOTS faster than I could dream of running, and hit one of her dogs sqaure-on, just BOOM! I swore I was looking at Ray Lewis, I was fully expecting Stuart Scott to jump from behind a tree and yell "HE GOT JACKED! UP!"

I'm just glad that the dog he hit was pretty full-sized himself, it wasn't a light-boned greyhound or something like that; there wouldn't have been anything left.

I work from home via the Internet & spend much of my time waiting for other people & processes to be done. Since I have to be near the computer to monitor them, I just flip back & fourth.

I spend a fair amount of time outside. Two walks to the mailbox with the greys every day. Doesn't sound like much, but it's 3/4 of a mile each way and 150 feet lower. Yesterday I mowed the driveway, that takes about two hours because I have to make three passes, one for each side & then up the middle.

Katie has gotten loose twice, but both times she found something interesting near by. The one time they both bolted out of the van, we had just arrived at a Greyhound picnic; so catching them was easy.

I remember you were one of the first to help me out in the prime of my noobiness.

Even now it seems you linger around the "Beginners" forum, offering help to the #4, #5 and #6 posters.

Just how many times have you answered the question "Did I kill my yeast?"?

Thanks for all your help.

the_bird said:
My beast, a yellow lab/pit bull mix, is about a hundred pounds of pure muscle. He's also fast as hell. I had him up at my friend's farm, she's got three pretty good-sized dogs as well. Well, Troy came running, full-bore, LOTS faster than I could dream of running, and hit one of her dogs sqaure-on, just BOOM! I swore I was looking at Ray Lewis, I was fully expecting Stuart Scott to jump from behind a tree and yell "HE GOT JACKED! UP!"

I'm just glad that the dog he hit was pretty full-sized himself, it wasn't a light-boned greyhound or something like that; there wouldn't have been anything left.

Funny you should mention that. Our neighbors' dog, Jackson, is a lab/pit mix, big 100lb+ bastard...nice as hell, but big. Xander, our GSP, is about 52 lbs. All muscle, but smallish frame for the breed. If you attach his leash by the collar, he pulls, so we have an easywalk harness, which works great. But when I go running with him, it chafes and makes him run awkwardly, so I just attach to the collar when we run. So, since that's the only time he gets to run without the harness, he is always CRAZY out of the gate, running like his life depended on it. Last weekend, we went running, and as we run up our street, the neighbor is standing across the street from their house talking to another neighbor in their yard. Xander's focused entirely on running, and as we pass them, out of nowhere comes Jackson at full speed, perpendicular to us. Blindsided Xander, all 110+ pounds of him. Xander didn't even fall, though, just got the wind knocked out of him...and he kept running up the street. Crackhead dog. But it was a sight to behold. Kind of like that scene in Office Space where that guy is backing out of his driveway and gets t-boned by a drunk driver. :D

BierMuncher said:
I remember you were one of the first to help me out in the prime of my noobiness.

Yep. David is very helpful to the noobs. When I first joined he helped me use a 7 year old bag of LME from Williams. Made an Rogue Mocha Porter Clone out of it that was enjoyable. David Rocks! :rockin:

Back