Am i going to poison myself with apple seeds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhead

Reaction score
Long story short, I got twenty pounds of crabapple from a friend to make five gallons of wine. 5 pounds of the crabapple have been ran through a blender, seeds and all. After I started the wine I find out that apple seeds are poisonous! My question is, are the seeds that have been run through the blender able to introduce enough poison to make the wine unsafe? Is there any chance the yeast would "clean up" the poison? If I need to dump it I will but I'm hoping I don't!!! Any input would be great!!!!

there is cyanide in apple seeds, yes... but not in quantities enough to harm a person. Apple cider purchased in the store is no different, you will not be harmed by the seeds.

I'd agree. A good friend of mine has been eating whole apples since he could chomp into them. Talking cores, stems, and seeds. I gave up nearly a decade ago trying to convince him not to.

Back