Secondary Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude123

Reaction score
So I racked my first AG brew to a secondary on sunday and today I noticed that there are some white spots on the top. Does this mean it is infected? And is so is there anything I can do? It almost looks like little spots of mold.

That's just some small residual pools of CO2 forming. Nothing to worry about.

Wait until you dryhop your first batch and you get big furry green bubbles the size of a softball laying on your beer. :D

That's just some small residual pools of CO2 forming. Nothing to worry about.

Wait until you dryhop your first batch and you get big furry green bubbles the size of a softball laying on your beer. :D

Oh thank god!!!! I've never dryhopped before this batch of Ordinary Bitter, and I can't tell you the last time I racked to a secondary, but I came home yesterday and found exactly that...I kinda thought I was suddenly going to be reading up on pellicules and sour beers.

(After tasting an amazing Flander's Red at my lhbs last night, I'm sort of dissapointed. :D )

Latest posts

Back