New Immersion Chiller on the way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bankerbrewer

Reaction score
i just bought a 50' copper immersion chiller at a place called Saukriverbrewery.com for $31!!! I haven't got it yet, but it is brand new and I am wondering how I got it so cheap. With shipping, it was like $36. I was googling wort chillers because I was going to spend $90 to by a Shirron. (I have a an IC that i made, but my craftsmanship leaves a lot to be desired.)

But when I saw how big it was and how cheap, I pulled the trigger. Everyone may know about this deal, but if anyone is looking, it seems like a steal.

Will report back if I got suckered!!!

We'll all know really soon - won't we? Good Luck.

-OCD

other threads point out that it is thinner diameter than most expect and thats why its cheaper in price

It's apparently a 1/4"x50' chiller. Not miniscule, but not as good as 3/8" or (my favorite) 1/2". It's a bit skeezy how he advertises it and makes it seem bigger than it is.

That is, it should work fine for 5 gal batches. Not frigging incredible, but fine.

If you get it...my fingers are crossed for ya!

remember those cartoons when the putz who got conned would surn into a lollipop or a donkey? well, if I get it (not received yet!)i will name my first batch "Jackass Ale". Maybe "Gullib-ale" or "Suckerator" doppelbock...

Oh yah... he's back! Wow, even the same photos on the new site as the old. So, is he coming up with different names to run from his other PO'd customers? Wow.

Latest posts

Back