Lowest IBU IPA on the market?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbapoindexter

Reaction score
Hey y'all I am not a hop head I am trying to learn to love all beers though. So I'm enjoying pale ales I have brewed two from more beer and love them both so far. So my question is I'm looking to push my limits but not go all out so what is the lowest IBU IPA commercial beer out there? The BJCP guidelines say 40-60 IBU's so what would be the 40? Any help that could make me love all beer would be awesome! Thanks

Lagunitas DayTime jumps to mind. It's about 4.5% with 60 (?) IBU's. And it's super tasty. Check it out if you haven't arleady.

If your looking for an ipa with low ibu...tey magic hat encore from their ipa on tour. Its listed as 88 ibu's. Cheers!

Founder's All Day IPA, 42. (probably not available in CA). Stick with Pale Ale's if IPAs are too hoppy for you. Nothing wrong with not loving hoppy beers, though you are probably in the minority.

I was beginning to think I was the only hop-hater out there. Hop-hater might be a little strong as I do appreciate a mild floral aroma and flavor, just not the bitterness. I love Belgians, Bavarians and a few Brits; and avoid most commercial American beers, and just about anything made in California (which is where I live and drink). Obviously there are exceptions, but I'm a malt-head in a hoppy world. Long live "liquid bread"! Prost!

Back