Quick Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodRatsBrew

Reaction score
Got some new kegs and coincidently have a nice stout ready to bottle/keg... PROBLEM- no CO2 or gauges or hose,etc. My question can I still add priming sugar as I would for bottles and just sit on this and let it naturally carb up? Thanks for the input!

I would worry about the seal not getting set and all the gas slowly leaking as it forms. When I close up a keg I hit it with about 12 psi and it generally takes a few seconds to seal. With the pressure building slowly it might leak out. I have never tried that approach though, so maybe someone who has tried this can chime in.

You can, if you want to wait around for it. Just be careful of the seal on the lid of the keg. It's designed to seal under pressure, and can leak some if shaken or tilted. Just something to keep in the back of your mind when moving it around. If you anticipate getting your other accessories within the next week, I would just wait.

Back