Geeting Started in Austin, Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scm21st

Reaction score
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm just getting started and have been steadily collecting all of the equipment I'm going to need. I've found a few things on Craiglist, but luckily I've got Austin Homebrew Supply right down the street.

My neighbor has been brewing for about 15 years, so I'm very fortunate have him to learn from and be able to avoid many of the little mistakes that can ruin a batch of beer.

I made my first recipe two weeks ago (a Munich Helles) and have just moved it into the secondary carboy; it looks beautiful!

I look forward to the conversations to come, this looks like a great community. Talk to you later.

Steve
Austin, Texas

Welcome to HBT! You are lucky to have a neighbor that is experienced with brewing.

Plus, you aren't too far from Edwort. You could always just drive over to his place and harass him with questions. He's just down the road in Bee Cave, and I hear he loves for people to show up at his doorstep with questions about his Apfelwine. :D

Kidding, of course, but welcome to another Texan! I grew up in Allen, over near Dallas. Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back