How 'bout them Beavers!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

Reaction score
What a great game last night! Oregon State was a 25 point underdog and came out and had their way with USC. I couldn't believe Jaquizz Rodgers squeezing through those holes and making guys miss. I thoroughly enjoyed watching OSU come out and beat USC for the second time in 3 years. I only wish I could have been at the game!

:ban::ban::ban::ban:

Rodgers was amazing, as was the number of times USC's D line got caught inside. You could see those counters coming a mile away and still USC couldn't stop it.

Now I would like to see USC come back with a vengeance next weekend. I would hate to see them lose to those Duckers. :D

It was an awesome game to watch. Oregon State let them back in it but when Sanchez threw that INT to the safety, I knew it was over. Great game and I am happy the Beavers have something to be proud about this year.

I was there, I am so horse from yelling last night, it was one fecking awesome game!!! I relish in Pete Carroll's disgust. I was at the game two years ago where we won USC and both of these games where the best I have been too, the Civil War is always an intense game but playing USC at home and winning is by far the greatest feeling.

I haven't been to a Beaver game since I graduated. I was at the 98 Civil War for the multiple overtime win. That was the most intense Beaver game I've been to.

Now I would like to see USC come back with a vengeance next weekend. I would hate to see them lose to those Duckers. :D

Classic Beaver fan attitude, filled with irrational hate. I always root for the Beavers when they are playing a team other than the Ducks.

The Beavers were amazing last night. I thought their only chance was with deception and luck. They basically stuck a shiv in USC's line(both sides) and broke it off.

I kept cracking up because they would try to cut to SC's D-coordinator on the sidelines but couldn't hold the shot because it so obvious he was screaming 10 kinds of motherf$cker.

As a big ten fan (no not Ohio State) that game was beautiful. USC hardly looked to be the world beaters everyone said they were. It just proves there's not much difference between the haves and have not's anymore. If you don't bring it every game, you can get stomped by anyone.

Classic Beaver fan attitude, filled with irrational hate. I always root for the Beavers when they are playing a team other than the Ducks.

I must say that attitude goes both ways. I've met many Duck fans with nothing but contempt for OSU. I guess it has something to due with being bitter rivals.

It's very similar to Steelers/Browns/Bengals, Raiders/most any AFC team, Giants/Dallas/Philly rivalries.

Maybe in some cases, but it's definitely flowing more from the OSU direction. Seems to have gotten worse in recent years.

Many Beaver fans seem to be just bitter and pissed off, even though the team is better than ever before.

Maybe in some cases, but it's definitely flowing more from the OSU direction. Seems to have gotten worse in recent years.

Many Beaver fans seem to be just bitter and pissed off, even though the team is better than ever before.

I am an OSU alum and while I do like the Ducks also I think the bitterness stems from the lack of respect we get on the national stage. You'll see a lot of national broadcasters talk about the Ducks and how great they are even if we are having a stellar year and the Ducks are mediocre. I guess that bitterness stems from a long streak of being terrible but the last 8 years or so have been solid so maybe things will get better.

Back