Hi from Apex, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
I normally would have said that I was living in a suburb of Raleigh, but there seems to be an inordinately high number of NC brewers here, so y'all might recognize the "Peak of Good Living." Or the "Peak of Rampant Development with no thought to Infrastructure," as my wife and I sometimes call it. I'm about to start my first brew, an amber ale. The good folks at American Brewmaster were happy to help get me started. I've been lurking for a while, but I'm sure I'll be asking panicked questions as things progress.

Thanks in advance for any good thoughts you might send my way when I start my first boil on Sunday.

Take care,
Chad

Hi Chad, welcome to the forum. There's 3-4 of us within a 10 mile radius of Apex.
Jeff from Cary

Hi from Cary.

We should have a local brew day or brew swap sometime. I would like some feedback on my beers.

brloomis said:
We should have a local brew day or brew swap sometime. I would like some feedback on my beers.

Sounds good. I also have a good sized stick of dried out Beech laying around. Anybody got a smoker? I have been thinking about trying to make some Rauchbier.

brloomis said:
Hi from Cary.

Agree, I'm overdue to brew and would love to drink your beer.
Jeff

Thanks for the warm welcome. I brewed my first batch yesterday (follow the drama here) and was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly things went. It's perking away in the fermenter giving off a really nice aroma of warm gingerbread.

The idea of a get-together sounds like fun. My beer won't be ready for several weeks, but I'd happily drink yours if it happened in the meantime.

Chad

I am leaving for Los Angeles in two weeks, back home in 2008, but I have an IPA ready now. I just hope it lasts long enough to get the ESB bottled. Damn neighbors.

:mug: Welcome to the pack! Cheers to your first batch! May it be better then you expected! And if not, there is alway the next one, and the next one, and the one after that...:D

Back