When to stop stirring the CO2 out after staggered nutrient addition (SNA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopheader

Reaction score
Hi, second-time mead maker here (and first was... 20 years ago so I don't count that);

Just did my 5 days of SNA with stirring vigorously. Do I still keep stirring daily now or just let it sit and go to work?

Thanks

Hi, second-time mead maker here (and first was... 20 years ago so I don't count that);

Just did my 5 days of SNA with stirring vigorously. Do I still keep stirring daily now or just let it sit and go to work?

Thanks
A lot tend to stir/aerate until it hits the 1/3rd sugar break, rather than counting it in days or by how many bubbles per minute they get at the airlock.

As all meads differ, it's better to use a hydrometer to monitor the progress of it.

Some will continue to stir/aerate up to the 1/2 sugar break, or there's even those who will use a magnetic stirrer/stir bar, some just until a certain point, some until it's finished the ferment.......

Latest posts

Back