Communities of Practice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_practice

We're a group of students looking into home breweries / micro breweries, specifically with the Community of Practice (CoP) theory in mind. For that purpose, we would like to get in contact with anyone part of a group of people where one or more have gone into professional brewing. If any of you could be helpful, we would very much appreciate it.

In advance, thank you for your help. You can contact me at: thomas (at) [email protected]

I've looked through most of the posts in there, but I have yet to see any label with nutritional content on it. You wouldn't happen to know anyone that have gone pro? :)

I think you might have more success if you were more forthright with your story and not just the wiki link. Who are you? What do you intend to do with the information? What sort of time commitmment/level are you looking for? What do you offer in return?

From the wiki link:

Reification: involves taking that which is abstract and turning it into a “congealed” form

So either these are under-age Danes (which is what, like 12?) who want help making hooch, or they are above age and want to go pro on your experience without paying any dues.

Apparently.

http://www.kurser.dtu.dk/presentation.aspx?menulanguage=en-gb&coursecode=42441-1&version=full

This is the course that we are following. We have no intention of going pro, or even starting a brewery at any kind of level. What we're interested in is exploring the Community of Practices theory, because we believe in this specific environment (home-brewing) that there are some things that go against the CoP theory. There are some predictions what will happen, or should happen, when one person of a group of home-brewers go pro. We have reason to believe that this may not be true.

To explore this, we would like to get in contact with a few individuals that have either gone pro or know someone who they were brewing with that have gone pro.

The time commitment from the individual is not that big, we mainly have some questions that we would like to ask. It should not take that long to answer them and we're looking at a time frame of two weeks.

The result is a report where we investigate the community surrounding home brewing and what happens with it when someone in it decides to go pro.

@Poindexter: I'll take your comments as a compliment, you must think highly of our nation if 12 year olds are this proficient at english :)

White said:
I've looked through most of the posts in there, but I have yet to see any label with nutritional content on it. You wouldn't happen to know anyone that have gone pro? :)

Here's the link to the label thread that I was referring to with the nutritional content. He said he had to clean his label up to conform to the Federal guidelines in order to get his product on the shelfs. I would assume that he is at least trying to go pro from that statement.

Now I remember from I linked to that wiki page before. Sorry for shooting my mouth off last night.

Wouldn't it make more sense to go talk to pro brewers and ask them how we the homebrewers treat them?

If you wanna pick up girls you can ask girls what they want, or you can go talk to guys that score a lot of girls. Likewise if you wanna know what it takes to be happily married you could go find married people that smile a lot, or you could go talk to bachelors and bachelorettes.

M2c,

Poindexter said:
Now I remember from I linked to that wiki page before. Sorry for shooting my mouth off last night.

Wouldn't it make more sense to go talk to pro brewers and ask them how we the homebrewers treat them?

If you wanna pick up girls you can ask girls what they want, or you can go talk to guys that score a lot of girls. Likewise if you wanna know what it takes to be happily married you could go find married people that smile a lot, or you could go talk to bachelors and bachelorettes.

M2c,

Is there a forum for professional brewers? If so, please point me in that direction :D

Back