It is ok to drink beer in the morning on Homebrew day..... isnt it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also throwing caution to the wind as far as numbers and balh blah today. It's a cobbeled together recipe of left over ingredients I just heated water said eh..looks good, mash in. Recipe is being called "Eh, Rye not?" Its a rye Pale Ale ..I guess. Doesn't really fit any styles.

It is absolutely forbidden, read you bylaws. Your punishment requires that you send the remaining beer you had planned to drink be shipped directly to me. PM for my address.:drunk:

Of course, I started at 9:00 am. A nice Oatmeal stout for breakfast.

I think if you don't drink in the AM at some point you should have your card carrying privileges revoked.

-OCD

Sometimes I go out to the garage at 9am and pretend that I'm brewing just so that I can have a beer......I waste so much propane that way. :(

There is something so different about drinking before noon, that i absolutely love. I think its the fact that you're getting drunk on a set of fully charged internal batteries instead of at night after your body starts winding down. The buzz hits you in a much different way. Usually, the only time I'll do it is on St. Patrick's Day. Bailey's Irish goes in my morning coffee, and a beer goes into the shower with me.

Last Saturday I had two full Maß worth of pale ale while I was brewing. I had an annoying leak in my HLT, so I needed it.

To quote Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett....
It's five oclock somewhere.
If we weren't meant to drink early ,the bars wouldn't open at 8 am.

it's always ok to drink beer before noon.

ok maybe not if you have to drive the kids to school or operate heavy machinery or something like that.

but it is saturday and just by accident it was after 12 pm when I cracked my first one
had to drive to the lhbs and pick up some grain. but now it's on, almost tripped over my shoelaces opening the last one.

I figure it is Saturday and national homebrew day... so why not enjoy a homebrew.... even if it is before noon.

There are three occasions where a beer before noon is ALWAYS acceptable.

1. Brewing
2. Fishing
3. Big game hunting once you have an animal on the ground (field dressing is thirsty work).

It is also acceptable to have a nip of cognac, brandy, or burbon at Odark:30 when rolling out to hunt. Multiple nips are authorized if you are duck hunting and there is ice on the water, or if you will be in your boat more than 15 minutes.

Multiple nips are also authorized when hunting big game and it is raining/sleeting/or snowing.

Only before mash-in, while waiting for the mash, while sparging, during the boil, cooldown and after pitching. And maybe a pint or two when you're cleaning up, plus a few with dinner.

But this constant sip, sip, sip all day has to stop.

i wish i could have started drinking before noon!!!! i had to work my 6th 10 hour day today but now that i'm off and its brew time, totally time for a beer

Who cares what time it is, if you want a beer have one, or five! If you have the day off anytime is good for a beer!

That noon thing annoys me. Wifey always mentions it because her step dad always quoted it. "If you drink before noon, you are an alcoholic"

From what I heard, he would always wait until noon before getting sh!tfaced........That way he was not an alcoholic? :rolleyes:

Beer has a totally different flavor in the morning....It's wonderful!

I always have at least a beer while brewing... I cant help it with my schedule if the only time I can brew is at 6am on a Wednesday... If the neighbors think I am a drunkard having a beer on the porch sitting in front of my mash tun while they limp away bleary eyed to work, thats their own damn problem!!! :mug:

Didnt know it was national brewday but I was drinking at 10:30 for an even bigger holiday. The caps whoopin up on the damn penguins!!! Lets go boyssss!!!

Beer is food. Yes, I eat breakfast often.

The attitude toward alcohol in the US really pisses me off. If I want to have a beer on Saturday morning, I don't want to catch grief for it. Damn it! At least my wife is on the same page as me so I don't get anything from her.

"Wow, a beer at 1:00 in the afternoon huh?! Starting early?"

No idiot! I am just having a beer. Go back to your cool aid and cola, I am sure it is better for you. :rolleyes:

I try to limit my daily consumption. I am split though between that limit being the number of beers it takes before i fall over, or the number of beers before I can get up again.

You're not truly drunk until your lying on the ground, clinging to a handful of grass, trying not to fall off the earth right?

....but it is saturday and just by accident it was after 12 pm when I cracked my first one
had to drive to the lhbs and pick up some grain. but now it's on, almost tripped over my shoelaces opening the last one.
That's pretty bad considering you're wearing flip flops :drunk: Maybe cut back a little before the boil :D

Beer is food. Yes, I eat breakfast often.

The attitude toward alcohol in the US really pisses me off. If I want to have a beer on Saturday morning, I don't want to catch grief for it. Damn it! At least my wife is on the same page as me so I don't get anything from her.

"Wow, a beer at 1:00 in the afternoon huh?! Starting early?"

No idiot! I am just having a beer. Go back to your cool aid and cola, I am sure it is better for you. :rolleyes:

+1 on that .I prefer beer over soda and most other beverages.I don't "start" drinking early and keep drinking till I fall asleep(well sometimes).I just enjoy a beer or two.If you start pounding down BMC in the morning than you may have a problem.

I try not to crack/pour the first beer until I start the boil which is usually 2.5-3 hours into the brew and by then it is usually close to noon or after.

That way I have time to have all the coffee in the early am and time for other stuff before beer.

I try not to crack/pour the first beer until I start the boil which is usually 2.5-3 hours into the brew and by then it is usually close to noon or after.

That way I have time to have all the coffee in the early am and time for other stuff before beer.

To heck with that ! I posted earlier about the downsides of using a 4500w element in the HLT- barely enough time to crush the grain and get a homebrew before mash in.

I think my first one was around 8am on Friday-an IPA.

Back