Tettnang Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedhedjed

Reaction score
So what would you do if you happened onto four ounces of tettnang pellets? I've never used them before, but got 4 ounces from a friend...

AG recipe ideas, anybody?

I'm going to try a wheat beer suggested to me in this thread (see post #8 for recipe). I bought the ingredients, but haven't brewed it yet.

Fat Woody's Pale German Wheat

7 lbs Pale Ale malt
3.5lbs Wheat Malt
8.25oz Crystal 60
Mash 1.25qt/lb @ 154

Centennial 1oz@60 (you could sub an equal AA of Tett for this if you want. I got NO Centennial character.)
Tettnanger 1oz@10
Tettnanger 1oz@5
Tettnanger 1oz@KO
Tettnanger .75oz dry hop 7 days

OG 1.056
FG 1.012

1pk US-05 fermented@ ~65*F

Blam!!!

Clean, refreshing, and a very good showcase for the traditional noble hop. =)

-edit- I see the poster above me linked to this already. Right on.

Hmmm. Tettnanger is great in Oktoberfests beers, or other German lagers. A Maibock brewed now would be ready for spring. If you don't want to do a lager, you could do an alt, or a kolsch. My "fizzy yellow beer" recipe uses Tettnang hops.

thanks for all the suggestions folks...I'm not much of a wheat beer fan, but that recipe is intriguing, especially since it uses 05...the main thing i don't like about most wheat beers is the yeast character, so that could be interesting...

a MO-tettnager smash would be cheap and easy though...

Back