todays progress. single teir A/g rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknoty

Reaction score
brewrig5.jpg

brewrig1.jpg

brewrig2.jpg

brewrig3.jpg

Yes, another one...but the first for me.

i welded this up today.

total so far:
- $54 for 2x2 14g metal stock
- $81 per aliminum 60qt pot w/ lid
- $100 or so for brass fittings valves and q/ds
- $109 for march 809

still need:
- one more pot
- misc fittings
- sight glasses and thermos
- burners as i don't want to gheto rig my free standing ones to the rig

Should i go with banjo styles like this and make them height adjustable?
http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=64494&bhcd2=1266792845

or go with these jet burners in a fixxed possition?
http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_name_Multi-Jet-Propane-Gas-Burner-Mini_item_2516985.html

keep in mind i will be burner pronane and running a common manifold.

^^^^^
thanks

- i forgot mention in the above post it was welded outside and today was a bit windy for gas but i made it work in between gusts.

Nice setup Nick.

I'd went with the banjo burner. I am really happy with the performance of it. I did a LOT of research on burners too... I basically went with the biggest one I could find. I rarely turn it up all the way... but can when I need to. I like how the banjo spreads the heat out, and doesn't create hot spots.

Don't forget your regulator too. I might suggest something I haven't done yet. Buy a regulator with a 'port' for a pressure guage. This way you know the pressure you're running and can adjust it exactly for one, two, or three lit burners.

Best of luck!

I've got 2 of the banjo burners going in to my new rig. Ditto to what rshosted said. I liked the way they spread the heat across a 10" diameter pretty easily, they're quiet, and I saw a video demo where it out performed a jet burner.

Nice setup Nick.

I'd went with the banjo burner. I am really happy with the performance of it. I did a LOT of research on burners too... I basically went with the biggest one I could find. I rarely turn it up all the way... but can when I need to. I like how the banjo spreads the heat out, and doesn't create hot spots.

Don't forget your regulator too. I might suggest something I haven't done yet. Buy a regulator with a 'port' for a pressure guage. This way you know the pressure you're running and can adjust it exactly for one, two, or three lit burners.

Best of luck!

wouldn't you just be able to T off before the suply line to the manifold for a gauge?

what regs are you guys running for banjos?

also how are they at low pressure?

Back