Do cooler prices go down in winter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
I live in an area where coolers are unnecessary during the winter. Do prices normally go down during the winter? I want to jump into all grain but want to do it when the weather is nice and I can use a turkey fryer on my deck without freezing. Should I look into getting my equipment now or do prices tend to stay constant year round?

Depends on the place. Some stores take them off the floor in the winter. Some carry them year round without reducing prices, and some move the seasonal items to a back wall and discount them to clear them. Usually if they move them, but keep them on the floor they will discount them. I believe I found mine at a big box store dirt cheap out of season on a back wall near the garden section.

cool i've only been looking at prices online so far. guess i will just have to actually go to the stores and see what they do.

Yeah, online places more than likely keep all their inventory in a warehouse, and aren't needing to deal with sale floor space on a seasonal basis, so there's no incentive to move the inventory around and/or to lower prices because of that.

Target has 52 qt. rectangular coolers with spigot and handles for 20 bucks right now. You won't find any cheaper than that.

do those work well? i might pick one up but am willing to spend more for quality. just don't want to spend too much i am on a college student budget after all

Back