Favorite "black and tans"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
So the other night I did the Evil Twin Ying and Yang "black and tan" and must say I was surprised how delicious it was.

Wondering what other mixes people have came up with or can suggest that were awesome.

I've had what I think they called The Foreman at Breckenridge Brewery in Denver, a mix of their Trademark Pale and their Oatmeal Stout - loved it.

I have a bottle of Dogfish Head World Wides Stout in the basement and I am trying to get a hold of a 120 min IPA to do the Heaven and Hell black and tan.

Two 18+% beers...

I have a bottle of Dogfish Head World Wides Stout in the basement and I am trying to get a hold of a 120 min IPA to do the Heaven and Hell black and tan.

Two 18+% beers...
That would be epic. I'm in the same boat as you- two year aged bottle of worldwide stout and no 120 minute. Hopefully I can locate a bottle in Chicago during lollapalooza.

Yuengling's Black & Tan is a good one. Cheers!!!

I actually just had a quarter keg on tap in my basement of this delicious liquid. Very good brew.

Two 18+% beers...

I have two 120 Minute 4-packs I picked up when they were being distributed the end of last month.

Nice Revvy - the chocolate stout and lambic mixes are sounding pretty freaking sweet. Local brewery did a barrel aged RIS a few months ago that was soured and I loved it.

A pint of Guiness poured over a shot of Jameson is unbelievable. Does that count as a Black and Tan?;)

My personal favorite is the Pumpkin Pie Black & Tan using Southern Tier's Creme Brulee Stout and the Pumking.

My favorite is Guinness and Smithwicks, NOT layered. I prefer them just poured in a glass together.

To me, black and tan implies floating, which I do not care for. As blends go, I am a fan of what some of us in KC call "Expedition Slam", about 2/3 of Hopslam and 1/3 of Expedition Stout.

Of course the legendary Black Folie is legendary for a reason.

Can't get enough of Mississippi Mud now, especially with the heat index sitting where it is.

Just tried Mississippi Mud this past weekend for the 1st time - I bought it just for the 32oz bottle it was in from Trader Joe's. Pretty good deal for $3.50, I think.

Wife liked it. Black and tan's not really my style, but I drank it all down with a smile anyhow.

Back