Getting ready to drill holes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookiemofo

Reaction score
well not quite yet, gonna order my kit first. 2 faucets and a stout faucet, but only 2 taps will ever be running at a time (only space for 2 kegs). So how do I go about setting this up to allow the cylinders to remain outside the fridge? Are there certain methods to making sure I can drill holes in certain areas? Particular methods to sealing around the holes I drilled for gas lines?

Want to make sure all my ducks are in a row for when it's go time.

I did a couple searches on here, and google. I'd prefer to hear it from HBT members then google links I guess.

The sides are a good place to start for co2 lines. The fridge doors are usually empty so taps are not really an issue. I have mine mounted high on the door in the butter trays.

I drilled from the outside, very slowly and had no problems, no leaks, nice clean install.

Just go slow with the bit on a medium speed and it will cut nice without breaking any panels.

I used a wood shank type bit for both my taps and the side co2 line.

I have my CO2 inside my fridge. But I've killed a fridge drilling carefully through the side before. If I were to move my gas outside, I'd likely go through the door with it. I like safe. Though I've heard there's a way with ammonia and baking soda or something like that to see the coolant lines in the fridge, but I never tried it myself.

Back