My portable kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandalG

Reaction score
When the company I work for announced the annual Cinco De Mayo party was going to be the biggest one yet I decided to brew three separate brews for the event. I have been eyeballing Biermuncher’s rolling kegerator for some time and thought what better way to serve the beer. We recently moved to a new facility and they invited almost 400 people to attend. The homebrew was a big success and I had a steady flow of people the whole night asking questions about homebrewing.
I can’t believe how easy it was to put together. The trash can I used didn’t have much extra room for insulation but I found that the beer stayed cold for the whole night only half filled with ice. My only concern is it being black it may be a problem outside in the sun but I’ll just need to watch where I place it when the time comes.

momscam020.jpg

momscam022.jpg

momscam025x.jpg

momscam026.jpg

momscam027.jpg

randale.jpg

Lets see how good it works.. bring it over to my next party.. LOL

Looks good! I just made one using the same trash can. Will be using it to serve homebrew at my BIL's upcoming retirement party. Hopefully it goes as smoothly for me as it did for you. :mug:

I was a little nervous about it handling the weight of three kegs plus ice but it seemed to hold up pretty good as long as you don't move it around much once it's full. The kegs were chilled already when I put them in so that helped with the ice lasting as long as it did I think. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Back