Starter Question?? How long until active Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
Stupid question, but feel the need to ask.. I made a 1 liter starter for a brew (24hrs ahead if time) and pitched it about 4-5 hrs ago, but I do not seem to see signs of active fermentation. I now things can tae 24-48 hrs, but I was not certain if the starter would accelerate this process or simply make the point where it really kicks in more intense due to the larger cell count.

Pointers please??

Relax. A starter doesn't always mean a quicker start. You've gave your yeast a head start. By tomorrow morning you should see some action.

Depends on the yeast, whether or not / how much you aerated the wort before pitching, temperature, and what you're feeding it.

...and whether or not the yeast are having a good day ;)

Hammy is right. Relax.

I get nervous over a lot of other crap about my homebrewing, but not whether or not fermentation is going to start.

thanks folks.
I never gave it a second thought on if the starter equalled immediate fermentation, or just a really good head start..
I know RAHAHB..
Cheers

Latest posts

Back