Bloomington il

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only place to get brewing supplies is at a place called Friar Tucks. It is a liquor store chain in the area. Thay have your basic stuff, small bags of grain, extract, kits and basic equipment. Also if you go check out the walk in cooler. That is where they stash their liquid yeast and hops. Also they have a fairly large selection of craft beers and you can do a mix a six for $10, but it is limited to certain bottles not already packaged in a sixer. I always make sure to hit the place up when I go just to grab up some dry yeast and small things I might need. Their turnover isn't too bad from what I can tell. Bloomington/ Normal has several brewers in the area.

The only thing we have in the Champaign-Urbana area (about 50 miles from B-N) is another Friar Tuck's. There is a reasonable selection of ingredients and basic equipment, but one never knows what's going to be in stock. Last time I was there to get some corn sugar and caps, no caps. What kind of LHBS lets themselves run out of CAPS? Also, hard to say how long stuff stays on the shelves, and I haven't met an employee yet who didn't seem vaguely surprised that the homebrew stuff was in there. They certainly were knowledge-free. This is why I mostly buy from Midwest or Northern Brewer.

Tip on the pick a six plan. The qick-n-easy(formerly Brantville truckstop if you ask a local) on Vetrans Pkwy has a pick a six deal for 8.99 with a pretty good selection of craft brews.

Latest posts

Back