New Faucets Installed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
I just received my order from Austin Homebrew for 2 Perlick S/S faucets, and immediately disassembled them, sanitized them and installed them. I adjusted my pressures for the narrower nozzles, and I am chillin like a villian with forward sealing faucets that work like a dream.

I had read the post on the "Green Board" which someone compared Perlick and Vent-Matics. Yes, Vent-Matics are the best American faucets, but the article tried to prove Perlicks as way inferior, showing a real badly tooled faucet. But, when I disassembled mine to clean them, I checked em out completely. Both of mine are smooth bored throughout, and well made. The nozzles are indeed smaller, but I adjusted my flow rate, and "Voila" excellent pouring!!!

If you dont want to wait for Vent-Matics...these will make you proud.

Tony said:
I just received my order from Austin Homebrew for 2 Perlick S/S faucets, and immediately disassembled them, sanitized them and installed them. I adjusted my pressures for the narrower nozzles, and I am chillin like a villian with forward sealing faucets that work like a dream.

I had read the post on the "Green Board" which someone compared Perlick and Vent-Matics. Yes, Vent-Matics are the best American faucets, but the article tried to prove Perlicks as way inferior, showing a real badly tooled faucet. But, when I disassembled mine to clean them, I checked em out completely. Both of mine are smooth bored throughout, and well made. The nozzles are indeed smaller, but I adjusted my flow rate, and "Voila" excellent pouring!!!

If you dont want to wait for Vent-Matics...these will make you proud.

I actually considered getting the Perlicks first. Because of the lower price. Someone told me about a sale going on with Vent-Matic so I called and ordered direct from the company, and talked to the owner Brad.

Everything came totally assembled. It came with 2 SS faucets, 2 SS shanks, 2 SS tailpieces, 2 sets of line with the flowgate system. It was all pre crimped with ss Oetiker Clamps. The only thing I would have changed is the plastic flanges. I am gonna eventually order some SS flanges. (just for cosmetic reasons) Not a big deal.

Everything also came with 2 extra sets of gaskets, and an extra set of 4 spouts, ranging from 10mm up to 12mm for dispensing different stlys of brews at different pressures and speeds. Lots of force carbonating, and dispensing charts/literature.

Personally, I think as long as you go with stainless thats the best route. No matter what brand you choose! People are gonna debate Perlicks and Vent-matics forever. I just say who cares, lets drink a cold beer! So have fun with your new dispensing setup brotha!! Forward sealers rock!

Back