Photo Diary, weekend trip to my brothers wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
My little brother got married at the ripe age of 21.5 on Saturday. Anyway, the SWMBO and I made some detours on our way home from Blacksburg, Va, so I thought I would share some pics from the drive home

I'll try to make this as chronological as possible........

First stop was the Natural Bridge. This was kinda neat, albino fish in the water...which I noticed right after my batteries died, but here is me....
694617541_2b9ebbd061.jpg

and the SWMBO & I
694260201_1d30d18c5d.jpg

Lexington is our next stop.....I can't remember why really, oh yeah, gas, bathroom and sight seeing. There are a few schools there - Washington & Lee (girlfriend played lots of tennis there; she wanted to show me) and VMI - Virginia Military Institute. W&L wasn't on my list of cool things, really small, and really boring, so here is VMI
697229912_7389529fef.jpg

From there, we decided to keep going north. I got bored, and hung out the window a sec, hoping a rock didn't get kicked up
696362655_fd400907b5.jpg

We dipped off of 81 and hit Skyline Drive
696438637_8eb3049d5e.jpg

so as we are coming up to Skyline Drive, we see this sign for Crabtree Falls. (Not this one, this is the one at the falls)
694614497_fc940a4287.jpg

I think I have had some of my ADD rub off onto E, so we decide to see what this was all about.
695132900_9a320de82d.jpg

not that invigorating, but pretty neat nonetheless. So we leave there, and push onto Skyline Drive. We stop at one of the many observation decks to see this neat place
697306720_d7bc9f7b13.jpg

<insert minute man joke here>

....and part of the view (need to stitch the pics together still)
696439627_f3ce0bbe22.jpg

We make yet another stop, I was in teh mood for a beer, and I thought it would be a neat idea for E to pose with a BOH behind her car....
696364745_fb03309eda.jpg

Now, we left Blacksburg 6 hours prior..........

We were really only 2.5 hours from Blacksburg....so we decided to get off Skyline Drive, and drive really fast. We hit Charlottesville, then Orange, Wilderness and Fredericksburg. Stop there for dinner and soft serve ice cream, and get home about 90 mins later.

Here are some random pics from the weekend. Now, I was in the wedding, and busy doing stuff, so you all are off the hook for seeing lots of boring wedding pics, and my ugly suit.

Pretty flowers:
696954026_8f9dfb856f.jpg

Only mushy pic I have:
695077551_7617fc1b7b.jpg

Right by that sign of Crabtree Falls....no idea if this is related:
695386942_ce22aeeb8f.jpg

These were the words right before this pic "I hope you fall into the water!" (thanks babe)
694255019_df0a8b451e.jpg

The end

I am the travel nazi.....since I wasn't driving, I wasn't allowed to be militant about our schedule. So instead of it taking me 4.5 hours to do that drive....it was just under 12.

Although, it was a lot of fun, and I'm glad she talked me into it

Evan! said:
Dang, money...shoulda dropped by for a brew on your way through C-ville.

I didn't know!

We are planning a cave and Skyline drive excursion this fall....along with some wineries. I'll have to add that to the memory bank....and to bring some brews!

Cool...just lemme know when you're rolling through. There's plenty of wineries around here, just so you know.

I'm hoping by soft serve ice cream in Fredericksburg you mean Carl's. Go anywhere good for dinner?

/born and raised F-burger.
//God it sucks.

great shots. Me and my new swmbo ten years ago did the shenandoa, charlottesville, williamsburg trip. I highly recommend it. I will never forget the "great room" at colonial williamsburg. Surrounded by guns, swords, and colonial uniforms. very cool. we hiked, and stayed in a room at the top of the mountain that overlooked that shenandoah valley. Your shots look alot like ours. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did ;)-

@PseudoChef - yes, we did have Carl's...so good, and we ate at Hard Times. Wasn't too impressed like I usually am, oh well :(

@Chimone - I love preludes with built H22's in them too! I also like her IS300 :D

@turfguy1969 - The Williamsburg trip may be in our future, who knows, I'd rather just drink in historic annapolis, oh wait, we do that all the time :drunk: :ban:

@FireBrewer - yeah, that is odd, I did not notice that!

Back