My new favorite beer -Greene King IPA-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Hands down my favorite beer, for this month at least. Its a British beer, so it's by no means an American IPA. They didn't try and cram as much malt and hops as they could in this one. THis beer is extremely drinkable. I easily put the 4 pack down last night. Comes in 500ml cans, If you see it on the shelves, its a definite buy.

Very flowery aroma with a smooth frothy foam. The body is extremely light, but it really full of hop and malt flavors. It's deep caramel color looks very inviting. Its not very bitter at all, in fact it's almost sweet. But its extremely balanced, and it leaves you wanting another glass. They have been brewing this beer since 1799, so I guess they have the recipe figured out by now........

Im now in the process of locating a suitable recipe, as this will be my next batch.

Cheers

Bump.
Did you ever work out or find a recipe?
I heard a lot about Greene King and just picked up a bottle last night at my local beer store. Looking forward to trying it tonight, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope as the bottles were on the top shelf of the display and the bottles are clear...
Alas I prejudge, if it's not topnotch i'll just have to look for the cans.

Grew up drinking Greene King. Their Abbot Ale (an ESB) is (was) very good (but much heavier than the regular bitter). They used to be a "local" brewery, but since I left the UK, IIRC they have gone the BMC route, so I'm surprised they make a good product still ;) Never seen it in Memphis though. Have to keep my eyes peeled.

Back