2 brews, 1 keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
So I have two half-full kegs sitting around that I'm considering blending. One of them is a Porter that came out too thin and the other is a Stout that came out too heavy. I was going to combine them into one full keg and then keghop the hell out of it. I'm looking for something roasty, hoppy, and chewy. Think it'll work out?

try it in a glass before you blend the full kegs. That way you can work on proportions. Maybe you will like it best with 2/3 stout and 1/3 porter, who knows. Get the taste right in the glass and then blend accordingly.

Good luck, blending can be a great thing :mug:

Thanks John. Relocation is on hold for us right now. SWMBO got promoted and I'm back in school part-time...:D

I know the promo is a good thing. I hope the on hold is too. Good luck on the upcoming wedding.

Back to the topic. I think Bobby's idea is a good one.

I know the promo is a good thing. I hope the on hold is too. Good luck on the upcoming wedding.

Back to the topic. I think Bobby's idea is a good one.

Thanks man!

try it in a glass before you blend the full kegs. That way you can work on proportions. Maybe you will like it best with 2/3 stout and 1/3 porter, who knows. Get the taste right in the glass and then blend accordingly.

Good luck, blending can be a great thing :mug:

I'd pour them into a glass 50/50 to make sure the result is close to something you'll drink. Nothing like taking two mediocre beers and making one undrinkable one ;-)

Good points about blending in the glass. The only issue there is it won't be keghopped. Its still good to know what the basis will be like though...

Just out of curiosity, if you had this situation and didn't want to actually blend them, couldn't you just join the beverage lines into one using a t then go into the faucet... I wonder how that would work out...

I hope your beer turns out better than what happens when you give two girls a single cup.

Rockford - I don't think your suggestion would produce very consistent results. If you want blended beer, blend it at a specific ratio rather than letting your draught system decide for you.

Two beers one Cup :p

I usually blend a 2.5 gallon cornie from the previous weeks racking into a full 5 gallon cornie. The beer is the same type and it keeps my kegerator fully stocked.

Cheers
BeerCanuck

I hope your beer turns out better than what happens when you give two girls a single cup.

Two beers one Cup :p

Roflcopter.gif

Latest posts

Back