Drip... Drip... Drip... Leaky faucet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simps984

Reaction score
The faucet on my keg tower drips very slowly. This is my first batch to be kegged and my whole setup is dry and tight as far as I can tell. I've been running a weak water/starsan "simulation" for the past 4 days just to make sure I don't get any surprises when I transfer my hefe to the keg later this week. As I said, I've taken care of every little leak thus far, but I have no ideas how to deal with this small dripping out of my tower.

I'll describe the situation as clearly as I can:
I leave my liquid out and gas in lines connected to the keg in the kegerator at all times. I have the gas currently turned off, but the keg is under pressure and holding. The faucet is as closed as I can make it. I can physically press it a little farther, and the dripping slows, but if I leave it be, I lose about 2 cups of liquid over 24 hours. Short of rigging a rubberband to the faucet handle, what can I do?

Thanks all for your help!

What I would try is to take the faucet apart, clean it up real well and put it back together using a small amount of keg lube on all the seals. If that doesn't fix it you may have a defective faucet. Good luck Paul

Back