Hops Direct I love you!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
4 # of hops arrived at my house today:ban:

1# Cenntennial
1#Cascade
1# Amarillo
1# Galena

would have gotten Simcoe if they had it in whole..Broke them all down into 1ounce and 2 ounce freezer bags and have my APA and IPA hops set for the year!! I need to start brewing..I know I wish I had a pic of all the hops..they actually ended up anywhere from 17 to 20 ounces in each bag. Freezer is jammed with hops..

J

ok quick pic..I cant fit them all in the bottom of the freezer..man gonna have to brew soon.

IMG_1950.JPG

LOL! I too got 4 lbs from them; My chest freezer looks similar - 1 and 2 oz. freezer bags full.

How else are we gonna satisfy our lupilin addictions!

4 # of hops arrived at my house today:ban:

1# Cenntennial
1#Cascade
1# Amarillo
1# Galena

I just ordered similarly. I already have a pound of: Styrian Goldings, Czech Saaz, and Saphir. I ordered, a few days ago, a pound each of: Centennial, Cascade, Galena and Willamette.

I use quart mason jars and pull a vacuum on them with the foodsaver sealer. I use a brake line bleeder to pull the vacuum because foodsavers are quite expensive for what they are.

I just made my first bulk order of hops from hops direct. I did not know they were so cheap online. I bought 6# that should last a while and save me some good money from what LHBS charges. Thanks discgolfin for this post!

I use the Foodsaver with mason jar attachment. Got the Foodsaver for $25 on Craiglist, and ordered the attachment off e-bay for $10. Pretty handy contraption.

I wish I had bought a few more lbs when I had the money. The two lbs I bought will be enough for a little while.

I have a 26lb order that's scheduled for delivery today. I can't wait to break open both boxes and go to sleep under my desk on a bed of hops.

"Is there a problem with their site? I'm trying to order and it redirects to a blank page..."

Try a different browser like Mozilla

I ordered 3 lbs the other day and they should arrive on Wed. I am working thru the first 3 lbs I bought in November

Cool thread...spent quite a while ..hours actually deciding on what to buy... I have a FoodSaver I should be receiving next week so plan to vacuum seal and freeze these.

Here's what I ordered: (whole leaf hops)

1 lb Cascade
1 lb Centennial
1 lb Fuggle
1 lb Goldings
1 lb Northern Brewer

Looks like we'll need to make room in the garage freezer. Either that or I need to get busy brewing

i have another few punds of pellet hops under the whole hops..Im gravitating to whole hops again. I just squeezed the air out of the zip lock bags with good success..not as effective but I will not have any of these hops in a year..once I brew a bunch of IPA..I need a good cheap Simcoe source..

J

I added more - Yes I'm impulsive but wtf when I go I go big.

Here's my shipment set for end of next week.

1 lb Cascade
1 lb Centennial
1 lb Fuggle
1 lb Goldings
1 lb Northern Brewer
1 lb Amarillo
1 lb Chinook
1 lb Magnum

Took delivery of my 8 pounds yesterday around 7 pm/...just now finished dividing them into various size bags ranging from 1 oz to 4 ounce, vacuum sealing and putting in the kegerator.

This is the first time I've ben around whole leaf hops. I figured there'd be more cones..there was some but a lot of loose leafs too..I guess it all does the same thing.

Now the fun part...using them in recipes. Really looking forward to that part.

Dude are you serious? That's an insane amount of hops for a home brewer man. What's up?

Haha I was the organizer for a group buy between 6 people. I only took 4 pounds out of the 26lb order, the most anyone took was 6lb. I posted a thread in the photo forum showing off some hops and grain pix

Any idea what the shipping costs are approximately? Lets say for 4-5 lbs of hops to the East Coast. I hate when websites don't put them up.

My hop deliver got delayed due to the bad weather in OK, CO and TX. It came today and now I have 6 pounds at my disposal.
img_0498.jpg

Will be brewing up a big IPA this weekend. I brewed BM's Outer Limits IPA a couple months ago and it was great. I might make something similar this weekend. These hops will pay themselves off after about 5 IPAs worth of brewing, and I will be able to brew a bunch more after that. Hops = happiness.

she will, buy them and fill the freezer up with them while she's at work, remember, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission:tank:

I know it's been a little while since this thread was active but I just wanted to update that in conjunction with this sage advice I decided to order two pounds and jammed them into our tiny little freezer. When I got them I was actually sick and she couldn't even get mad at me! It worked like a charm; thanks for the words of encouragement!

Back