Quick Disconnects for Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourrealdad

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 3/8" x 50' immersion chiller that I am going to use in my first brew tomorrow and I was thinking about how to attach the hoses quickly after the boil so they don't melt. I read about people using disconnects, but I can't really find anywhere about what type or style of disconnect to use.

So my question is: What type of disconnect should I get to use to connect my hoses to the immersion chiller?

Thanks for the help

P.S. this is the IM I have if that helps
Amazon.com: Super Efficient 3/8" x 50' Copper Wort Chiller by NY Brew Supply: Everything Else

Last edited by a moderator:
If you search there are several posts about soldering brass garden hose fitting right on the IC. Its really easy to do. Then I just got the basic water hose quick disconnects. Makes life much easier

Just be careful about dripping. I use the garden hose disconnects with my CDC and one of them has a slow drip... Not what you want to be putting into warm wort. Mine has a copper to brass female hose fitting, then I screwed the disconnect into that.

Back