love at first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHawKS

Reaction score
Hello there,

There have been few things in my life that I instantly knew were for me. Camping. Fishing. One or two things that arent meant for a family forum. And now, perhaps more than ever, brewing.

My lovely wife got me a Northern Brewer starter kit & the How To Brew book. In addition she got me two extract kits: Jamil's Evil Twin & Caribou Slobber.

Last Saturday my buddy from Wyeast Labs (he's surely on here somewhere) came over & walked me through the Jamils process. Love at first brew (happy to report the airlock is bubbling nicely). Sunday I was ready to do the Caribou Slobber on my own, but alas I was short a carboy. Monday I hit the supply store & this Saturday Im going to brew the Caribou Slobber - it's all I can think about!

I've been scouring threads here absorbing all I can. I'm all in! I hope to gain years of experience in a much shorter time by learning from you all, so thank you in advance for sharing.

:mug:

Awesome. With the amount of experience and info on here you can literally gain years of knowledge. You can only gain experience by brewing, but you can certainly learn a ton from other peoples mistakes. Welcome to the forum

Cheers Dave! Thanks for the Outbursts and I am going to have to get up there or you down here to crack a couple of your inaugural brews:mug:

I feel you, OP. I never even considerd brewing until this fall, but once the idea took root, I had a tough time shaking it. Now that I have all of two batches under my belt, I find the obsession worse, if anything.

Am I nuts for having ten gallons of beer in various stages of completion, with fifteen more gallons planned over the next couple of months... especially considering that on a typical week, I *might* drink one beer (or in rare cases, two)?

I'm guessing that my consumption will go up once I begin sampling my own beer, but I just don't care to drink that much of it.

Yeah, probably nuts.

I too am on my 2nd batch, however i was finishing my first during the bottling of the second.
And lime u i am all consumed by brewing, even daydreaming of a retirement filled with brew buddies and home brew consumption. But i digress
I also drink less than i plan to brew. A friend and fellow brewer at work said he made a deal with his friends, bring me empty bittles and take away full ones.
Be had plenty of takers to be sure.
Cheers and happt brewing!
Mike

Back